Sunday, June 2, 2013

San Diego, here we come!

Tom has been traveling a lot for work this winter and spring. Not as much as some I know, but still, it's tough. Every time Tom heads out the door for San Diego, Elias asks when he can go to San Diego too. Well, we finally found a time to go as a family. Elias has been asking for days when it will be Thursday and is today the day we go to San Diego? That day is almost here! Not without a little stress though.


Preparing for travel has been stressful for me (and my family) for as long as I can remember. Not sure why, but these days it seems to manifest in packing. Packing is NOT my forte. I hate it. It's that moment for me when I realize that the clothes I own are not ones I like very much nor are they very versatile and I very much don't want to be the girl with a ginormous bag filled with 10x too much stuff. Alas...

The good thing about packing for this trip is that we started early. We planned to stay at my mom's which is a bit closer to the airport (thanks Mom!), so we had to be ready at least a day early. Plus I was working that day and wouldn't have as much of a chance to prepare. We finally got everything together and headed out the door around 8:30p. Not optimal for getting Elias to bed, but it was nice being ready earlier than usual.

Elias loved getting to sleep at Grandma Sue's house and we enjoyed the half hour of extra sleep before waking up at the buttcrack of dawn.


San Diego, here we come!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment